Please welcome Lisa, the new Business Associate Intern for Marketing at LA Preuss Consulting!!! Haha-such a coincidence that we both have the same name! As I mentioned in a previous post, there a few things to consider before your intern arrives. Likewise, you may want to consider the following on DAY 1 of the internship:
- Do you have an e-mail account set up?
- Have you given admin rights/made a list with all important login credentials for the intern?
- What are the intern’s bank account details (to transfer the salary)?
- Does the intern need to sign up at the local registration office?
- Are there any other legally binding obligations to be fulfilled before the intern is allowed to work (e.g. working visa permitted, etc.)?
Here are a few words from Lisa:
“It’s my first time here in Switzerland- and I love it! Being a foodie (chocoholic in particular), this land of cheese and chocolate has so much to offer- can a day start any better than with a “Schoggigipfeli”?
Besides food, there is also work of course. Arriving at Lisa’s place, she showed me around and explained what she is working on currently. After getting briefed on projects I will be responsible for, Lisa invited me to a tour through St. Gallen where she showed me the best cafés and arranged for some stuff crucial to my survival here (e.g. SIM card). Now I am looking forward to starting my work and am curious about what is waiting for me!”
In the coming weeks, we will be working on some new ideas for the blog so stay posted! Exciting things are coming up!
What about you? Is there anything you would like to see here? We welcome all ideas and look forward to hearing from you!