Let’s be honest, I’m sure there was a time in your life, where you had an idea you thought could change the world. In fact, maybe you still feel that way sometimes and, if so, I’d like to share 5 tips with you about how to turn those ideas into a potential business.
1. Think it through. Find out more about your idea on the internet, draw out different use case scenarios and pinpoint your target audience, as well as other important stakeholders.
2. Ask for feedback. Ask around and get feedback. Not only tell your family and friends but also strangers about your idea and hear them out. Their opinions, recommendations and concerns could turn out to be extremely useful.
3. Test. Don’t think your idea has to be perfect before you can launch it. In fact, you’ll want to create a small model or test as early on in the process as possible. Next, watch closely how others, especially your target group, respond to your test and adjust accordingly. The earlier you test, the easier it is to make adjustments.
4. Go for it. Once you’ve found some potential customers, start selling your idea and simply take it from there. Starting a business is likely one of the steepest learning curves you’ll ever experience and, if it makes you feel any better, you can always try starting this beside your regular day-job.
5. Embrace change. Lastly, make sure you’re continuously tweaking your initial idea, finding ways to make it even better and allowing it to transform!